Sunday, April 19

Weekend of Self Indulgence

I really don't write much about my life any more in this. I guess I just dont really have time any more for writting about stuff like this, i dont even really have time for the things I like to do anymore. These past two months have been really hard on me, and I think I've upset a lot of people, but it's just a really weird time for me. Im sorry if anyone thinks ive been ignoring them or anything, I just haven't really been doing anything but work, endlessly, in my room, by myself. Things are starting to get better though, and despite endless work, I managed to fit a lot of self indulgence into this weekend.

Start off Friday at Carr Haus, where I for the first time realized I could make simple iced cafe mochas that taste superb. It was a simple pleasure, but set the tone for a nice weekend. Follow up with this beautiful beautiful sandwich from Geoff's (yes, those are whole green olives in there). I'm not the biggest fan of Geoff's, but I have to say this one was pretty fantastic--probably the best one I've had from there. I'll have to look up its name again. Not to mention the weather was fantastic on friday. That's another reason why it's been so hard lately, all i really want to do is go for bike rides, but I'm tragically stuck in this room staring a florescent-lit light table. It gets very frustrating.


My new RAM also came in the mail, which is exciting. I realized I havent upgraded (or even considered upgrading, for that matter) my computer since I built it in 2007. And this wasnt even really necessary, and I wasnt planning on it, but with a $20 sale + free shipping for 4gb, how can you say no? In the process, I also realized 1.) how much dust has collected in my computer and 2.) how awesome my old ram looks. I wish I didnt have to change it, plus that line of G-Skill is so much more legit than this cheap Corsair. Oh well.

New boring RAM

Old sexy RAM

On another note, I finally finished that dialogue sequence that has eveloped my life for the past two weeks. It has literally drained my life force, and getting through the rest of the year is going to be really tough. It's okay though, I think I'm finally back on the up after a two month spiral of apathy with no direciton. Things are getting (slightly) better, for the most part, and I am excited for final projects. I just have to make it through a few more weeks without losing it.

My soul is in there somewhere

I rewarded myself today with another monster sandwich, although this one was from the Met, but equally delicious. I've been really into these massive meat sandwiches lately, which is different from what I normally like. I tend to lean toward masses of vegies with a few slices of meat, but all I really just want are mounds of meat in my sandwiches right now, which is something im really enjoying. Still, even after finishing that dialogue, I had an animal animation sequence to finish for Monday, whichh I just completed. At least, the rough draft, I'm sure I'll have to change things around after I finish shooting it in a few hours. We'll see, I really need a break from animating, I haven't left my desk for the past few weeks. Jesus, why cant I left this desk.

1 comment:

SNJ said...

Ahh crazy shit man. Great read; I would say more right now but it's 4 20 and I can't think of anything right now. Hah, while reading it I some insightful shit to say and some great words of wisdom. Alas, I CANT REMEMBER WHAT I THOUGHT.

This has been one of the longest days of my life. Thank God the school year is almost up. Summer is well deserving for you and a ton of other people I know (jake) as well as me. Woof.

I'm tripping. HANG IN THERE AHHSkiljafdsdf.