Saturday, September 5

Other Things

I'm back in providence, so come visit me. School doesnt start for a week and a half, which gives me lots of free time, something im really enjoying. i know i spent the entire summer sitting at home doing nothing, but i finally feel like im able to relax, while at home i just felt like i was wasting time. its really hot in my room right now, but once september is over ill be thankful for it.

I only went to disneyland three times this summer. but i did renew my annual pass. My new picture is wack. Our trips included lots of chimichanga eating, and jalapeno cheese pretzel eating. There was lots of eating other things, too, like clam chowder. But that was just alright (an unfortunately bad decision over the gumbo). Other things ingested include: churros, cobb salad(s), cold coffee, lots of hot coffee, apple pie, beef gumbo, pickles, and ice cream. I wanted to get a corn dog too, but never got around to it. I was also really bad at taking pictures of everything.

Perfect fried lunch in a perfect fake saloon

Some first-bite action

And as usual, our trip was pretttyyy crazy.

Im glad i got to go on Pinnochio before I left (which was clsoed for the first half of the summer). Also, crazy empty the last day we went, which was nice. 25-min wait for space mountain at noon, first ride of the day, a pretty rare occurence. New small world is pretty dope too, although I think it was already like that when I went in the spring...but whatever, go on it, sweet escape from the heat. Also, conveniently located right next to a churro stand.

Back home, I guess my city is on fire right now. Or at least the mountains next door to my city. Whatever, but it looked pretty sweet driving home at night, as you were merging onto the 210-W it almost looked like you were driving right into the depths of Mordor. I liked to play lightningbolt loudly and drive really fast and pretend something really big was about to happen whenever i drove home, which is something I'll actually miss. I will not, however, miss the freeways heading into the valley, where I probably spent the majority of my summer. In traffic. With no air conditioning.

But its getting better, somtehing like 45% contained now, which is a lot better than the 5% when I was leaving. Which is cool, because breathing kind of sucked when I was there.

Back to providence, our house was really gross, but is a lot better now, so I think Lily can visit. Like I said, im not really doing anything, which is really nice, I have a lot of small things I want to finish before school starts. We picked up an old four track tape recorder and this sweet old VHS camera from 2nd life yesterday--the camera is totally 90s pro-grade, so lots of good stuff will be coming from those. Also, live dance remixes of middle eastern casette tapes played through a bunch of analog effects(??) Picked up this really sweet childrens book called Chimpsey at Play today from some place on Wickenden I'd never been, really sweet illustrations by Dic Loscalzo. I love how they tell the story, too. A good excuse to learn how to use my new (old) scanner/printer/whatever i found at the end of last year. Apparently, it works.




But now that I'm back, i should hopefully update more often. Something about having no free time makes me want to update more than when I have absolutely nothing to do.

No comments: